Decorating your home in a Casual style offers so many options for colors and finishes. The space shown above uses wicker furnishings as the foundation with wood accents and plenty of texture.
Here is what draws me to this styling:
1. The inviting space itself. Yes, it has been carefully created…no slouchy, sloppy looking pieces or arrangement here. Quite linear in the placement of furniture as well, which is a matter of preference, but in this space I like it.
2. The color palette is organic and neutral, with just a hint of dusty aqua. Texture plays a starring role here, not wild or bright fabrics.
3. The wicker pieces – sofa and matching side chairs – offer plenty of cushions and pillows to create a comfortable seating area.
4. The styling doesn’t get carried away with wicker, wicker and more wicker. No, things get even more interesting with a blend of lighter and darker wood finishes…I love it this interpretation of a Casual style of decorating.
5. The distressed white finished chair and pedestal table keep the overall look light, and the contrasting medium wood finish in the end table sways toward the finish on the wicker pieces.
6. A few more elements finish the look – a metal type accent table, fabric coffee table/ottoman, sisal rug and roman shades tie everything together in this space.
Gain more confidence in decorating in this style. I help you create a casual space from the floor on up: Casual Style Decorating Ideas
Photo courtesy of laurenleonardinteriors.com.